วันจันทร์ที่ 9 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Seam Filling - Quick and Without Putty!

Seam Filling - Quick and Without Putty!
I use putty for a lot of my seam filling but for gaps which aren't too huge this is a good trick that's fast and also very effective. You need to buy yourself a tube of superglue and a superglue accelerator - the accelerator is a solution you can spray over your superglue to make it cure (or harden) faster.
Apply superglue to one of the 2 pieces to be joined. Then assemble the 2 pieces together. There should be just enough glue so that when you join the 2 pieces a little of the glue 'bulges' out from the seam. Then spray your accelerator on the joint.
Leave for about 5 minutes and your joint should not only be strong, the glue also fills up all the gaps. Now use your hobby knife to remove the access hardened glue and sand to a smooth finish.
I've found this method to be not only faster than putty, but I think it's stronger too. Try it!
Some guys have asked me what brands of superglue and accelerator I use... I use ALECO 110 superglue because it was on sale - basically any brand of cyanoacrylate adhesive will do. As for the accelerator, I use GRIP Cyano Activator (For Singaporeans, available at Hobby Focus at Far East Plaza).

credit : http://gundam_base.tripod.com/